The World Cup is a classic?

 I dunno, was gonna do some more DQ today, but this felt more timely. I don't think I've ever actually sat and watched a whole futbol game before, so semi-live-blog here we go!

I like the way they do the national anthems. They actually sing along, instead of just awkwardly standing there while someone hopefully doesn't butcher it like they do in most US sports.

Watching it in the lounge at the campground we go to in the summers. As always, it's very important to get into a pissing match about how much you like soccer. I don't know why, I just feel like this is common when I'm at a watch party.

We're 2 minutes in, and the commentators have already gotten awkward. Oop, don't talk about refs. Oop, don't talk about war.

3:30 and the begging the ref for a penalty. This is a real professional sport. Don't ask questions.

~4:00 Spain's first shot on foal, almost immediately followed by a turnover for a second. Argentina gets possession and runs down, but Spain's goalie is playing way up and stops it.

7:43 someone tripped out of bounds? And then someone kicks it out at 8:22. 

(I may be retiring this format. They just turned the volume up to about 11, and people are complaining it's still too quiet. It's already clipping.)

12:00 first corner kick. There is shoving, but not enough to pretend you died apparently.

14:05 OH MY GOD HE DIED REF REF. Oh, no penalty? Nevermind, he's fine.

~18:00-20:00 was a solid two minutes of attempted penalty baiting.

The commentators just said a big part of the game is trying to manipulate the ref. Yay, ref ball.

"80 degrees, but plenty warm in the sunshine." 

32:40 "Foul, no, yes, no, wait me now." American Football can already get kinda ref-bally, but this is embarrassing to watch.

Slight paraphrase: That should've been a hand ball. Looking at the replay it hit his hand, but it's in a natural position so it's fine.    

~45:00 there is some celebrity in the stands. The sun is in his eyes and he looks unhappy.

(Halftime and being interrupted by board games.)

~51:00 "OW I FALL DOWN" and then a shoving match and a yellow card. 

~51-93: More ref balls.

~93:00 some dude got ragdolled.

~97:00 GOOOOL (but ref ball)

~106: VIVA ESPANA

~113: REF BALL

~124: Oh boy, keep away.


Guess I need to finish Don Quixote



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crooked Man by Charles Beaumont (1955)

BSD Games

Something Wicked This Way Comes: Chapter 31